NPNA DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
BASED IN: Chicago, IL
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
NPNA is looking for a great writer and excellent communicator to lead our fundraising and grants management work; NPNA is primarily supported through foundation and corporate grants. The Development Manager, under the supervision of the Chief of Staff and working closely with the Executive Director, is responsible for planning and implementation of fundraising initiatives, including applying for grants, planning funder briefings and other fundraising events, developing promotional communications materials, and managing communications with individual and foundation donors. The Development Manager must bring strong attention to detail and follow through.
Grant Writing and Fundraising
- Track grant deadlines, reports and submissions;
- Write grants and manage grant submissions, including via online funder systems;
- Coordinate regular communication with funders;
- In collaboration with NPNA leadership, identify, research, and pursue new funding streams;
- Research and develop government funding proposals;
- Create templates for local and regional fundraising to build capacity for NPNA members.
Donation Tracking and Stewardship
- Meticulously maintain and update foundation and individual donor files; Work with leadership to grow individual donor base;
- Work with Operations Manager to track progress towards fundraising goals;
- Manage donor acknowledgements;
- Track relationships with current donors and develop regular communication systems;
- Manage donor tracking.
- Support logistics and management of events like funder briefings;
- Support to align organization’s communications strategy with fundraising.
Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years professional experience;
- Experience with fundraising, event planning, nonprofit management, and/or donor relations is a strong asset;
- Strong research skills and strategic thinking;
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) knowledgeably about immigrant and refugee issues;
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Extremely strong writing skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to track many deadlines, grants, relationships
- Ability to work on deadline and maintain accountability with others in collaborative projects;
- Self-sufficiency, initiative, and fierce work ethic ;
- Commitment to social justice and immigrant rights movement.
Commensurate with experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com
NPNA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, refugees, and all people regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation to apply.